Have you been injured in a car accident?
At Barton Chiropractic we truly understand the pain you are going through. I’ve been in 5 accidents myself. I know your pain!
Dr. David Barton
Auto Injury Checklist
1. First, and most importantly- make sure no one was injured in the car accident. If anyone needs medical attention, call 911 immediately. Unless someone is in immediate danger, do not move anyone who is injured. You may worsen the injuries. If you absolutely must move injured people, make sure to support their neck and head the entire time.
2. Safely get out of the way of traffic. If your car does not work, turn on your warning lights or open your hood to warn other drivers in the area. Your safety is most important.
3. Call the police if the car accident involves damage, injury or death.
4. Obtain information from the all other drivers and witnesses involved in the car accident, including:
•Telephone Numbers (mobile, home & work): ___________________________________________________________________
•Insurance Company: ____________________________________________________
•Policy Number: ________________________________________________________
•Coverage Limits (liability): _______________________________________________
5. Obtain police officers information:
•Badge Number: __________________________________________________________
6. Write down the car accident information:
•Other car description:
•Car License Plate Number: ____________________
7. Take pictures of everything involved in the car accident, as long as it can be done safely. These pictures should include each car driver, each car in the car accident showing any property damage, skid marks, any other damage to property, as well as the location of the car accident. The more pictures the better. When in doubt, take pictures. It is a good idea to keep a disposable camera in your glove compartment or trunk. If there are no other cameras available, then you should use a cell phone camera. Pictures may help your car insurance company determine how much you should be paid for your injuries.
8. Schedule an appointment with Concord Chiropractic. Sometimes there are injuries right after a car accident takes place, but many people who are injured do not realize it right after an accident. Therefore, it is always wise to see your doctor to make sure that you are ok.